The Mephisto Covenant

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Mephisto Covenant
by Trinity Faegan
(releasing September 27th)

"Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat. 

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks 
for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find 
peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he’s finally found the girl he’s been searching for: Sasha. 

With the threat of Eryx looming, Jax has to keep Sasha safe and 
win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?"


My review:An original plot, a compelling atmosphere, enthralling characters, action and mysteries of  the first book of The Mephisto Covenant series.  what  I loved about this book was  all, the ambiance and the mythology developed by the author are unique, compelling and original. I loved them and it's one of the strengths of this book.  I love Mythology and how its now being incorporated into Teen books. The whole concept of angels and souls is really exciting. I also totally loved the atmosphere of the Colorado's ski resort. The descriptions in the book are accurate, yet never boring, and everything felt so vivid and alive. I made me want  there along with the characters. Trinity Faegen's writing is totally pleasant and refreshing, with some snarky yet totally funny dialogues and situations. The plot is fast-faced, and there are quite a lot of twists. The Mephisto Covenant is packed with juice, twists, romance and mysteries(which we all love). The mythology developed by the author is completely enthralling and it's one of the aspects that I really liked, I found it totally interesting and unique. It was easy for me to dive into the story and I read this book quite fast because I wanted to know how things would evolve.
hope you will enjoy it as much as I have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS